Friday, June 22, 2007

My Sandbox

Well I just read some nasty stuff written about me and this blog. I didn't read all of it because I didn't see the need. Its amazing that there is such meanness around, not only that people get in a discussion, but also that someone felt the need to notify me that I was being trashed. I don't understand people like that, but I'm thinking they don't lead very happy lives and need to express their own hurt.

I write this blog for my own amusement. For me its a way of keeping track of all that I do, its helpful to know when I pay my annual memberships, donate, etc. It also forces me to think about the world every day, and what I can do to help. Its very easy to get caught up in thinking only about individuals needs and wants, and forgetting that we still need to make progress on making the world a better place. I have been gifted with a lot of skills and talents that have led to a good accumulation of wealth. I have always shared what I have, even when I was poor and didn't have much. I have been an activist most of my life.

I appreciate all the positive comments I have got on this blog, and I am thrilled that people have learned about some great charities through me. I know Futures for Children appreciates all the new mentors. I know my posts tend to be very Kiva oriented, and that often is due to lack of time to come up with anything else. I am really glad there are other people like me in the world. And some of them are good friends of mine, and I also keep this blog for them, 'cause they keep asking 'what can I help you with now'?

It does seem like I brag on this blog, and this is much more detailed information that I would ever give anyone in person. I can't talk about all I do to my friends 'cause it overwhelms them, most lead normal lives where they don't devote most of their time to 'doing good' (my job is helping cure diseases, everything I do is for public health). My hobbies relate around activism. I overwhelm people sometimes with all that I do. So I try not to do that and use my blog as my outlet. But I figured, its my blog, so I can talk about me?

So this is MY sandbox, and if you're going to be mean don't play in it. The web is a very big place and I don't have room in my life for negativity.

By the way, if you need a loan you can go to prosper.com. Send me the link and I'll probably bid on it. 'Cause I'm like that.

1 comment:

TOW Blog said...

keep your energy high and don't let their negative energy pull you down.

you are doing a great job without asking anything in return and that is so admirable.

keep up the good work!!