Monday, July 02, 2007

Multiple Sclerosis and Green Energy

I made a donation to the 2007 Southern California chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society today. On the reply card they had boxes you could check if you had MS, had a family member with MS, knew someone with MS, or other. I checked off other. I had a friend in grade school who had it, so I guess in some ways I donate for her. But I mostly donate 'cause its the kind of place that really helps families out.

Their card says "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted". Aesop.

I took a look at my electric bill today. A while back the city of Pasadena gave us an option where we could choose to have part of our electricity be renewable. It costs a bit more, and you could pay either a fixed amount or a percentage of your electricity. We choose 100%, and apparently weren't the only people who did. The overall response was better than the city anticipated. And its not costing us that much, we paid $28 for 2 months extra (bringing the total around $190 for 2 months, so adding on less than 15%). Its a pretty easy way to be green. You might want to have your city look into it.

No comments: