Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Future's for Children


Today I sent email to Tasha, a Navaho student who I mentor through the Future's for Children program. The program helps Navaho, Hopi and Pueblo students finish high school, by matching them up with mentors who provide financial and other support.

I have been mentoring Tasha for a few years now. She is graduating this year, and has already been accepted into all the colleges she has applied for. She's very smart.

I have been very fortunate in being able to be in her life.

Today I asked her about the computer (laptop) we just sent her to help with her school work.

I can't wait to meet her. Perhaps I can fly up for her graduation. I'm going to continue to help her into college, that's an option with Futures and I think she can still use our help.

No comments: