Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Wonderful Words

I got a beautiful card from my cousin today. She's actually my 4th cousin. I met her a few years ago when my sister and her sister planned a 'family' gathering in London.  The sisters had met on ancestry.com.  14 of us trucked over from North America and joined other distant cousins into ancestry.

So while I was there I spoke of my hobby business that I started to help friends feed kids. It sells costumes online. I started it about 15 years ago and have hired over 100 people so far.  We sell to religious people also, we make a lot of monks robes.

I like to buy products from local artisans Made in USA.  So when my cousin told me her son could make wooden crosses for me, we went into business.  He has severe schizophrenia and can't work. But I now give him something to do.

the card reads:
Thank you for giving A this work. It makes him feel like he is able to do something worthwhile with his life.

Words are so sweet to hear. We're all in this together.

And the crosses are beautiful.

No comments: