Monday, October 09, 2017

Kiva loan in the USA

Made a Kiva loan in the USA.

I grew up in the city of Flint on the city north-side of town. This area has been the most disinvestment and crime ridden area since GM left over a decade ago. Once vibrant neighborhoods have become blighted, crime ridden and traumatized by a man-made water disaster crisis. The neighborhood I grew up in before the water crisis and crime and poverty help shape me as a youth. Many great memories and moments as a child and even to the current. I decided to stay around and be apart of the rebuilding process because I believe in it's people which is the cities greatest asset. I currently reside in the same neighborhood seeking to be a beacon of hope for those who feel like its hopeless. My dreams are to see thriving neighborhoods, economic development and for ex-offenders to have equal access to jobs, housing, education and to be able to participate in the cultural life of the community without discrimination.

No comments: