Tuesday, April 15, 2008

taxes

Wrote two large checks to the federal and state governments for taxes today. It is good because it means I have been blessed with making lots of income this year. But its depressing because a lot of our taxes are going to war.

So I tried to counter some of my mis feelings by donating to non-profits.

I renewed my membership in the National Museum on the American Indian, the Student Conservation Association, Sesame Workshop, SPCALA, Habitat for Humanity, Union of Concerned Scientists, Futures for Children, ACCION, Doctors without Borders, and Union Rescue Mission (one of our local shelters). And donated to the Washington, DC Martin Luther King, JR. National Memorial Project when I checked my foundation membership status. They need $10 million more to begin work.

No comments: