Friday, February 08, 2008

Co-op America & Fair trade Coffee


I am re-newing my membership in Co-op America. Just digg their mission - to harness economic power - the strength of consumers, investors, and businesses - to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. I have personally found a lot of very interesting things on this page, including the fair trade coffee that I get delivered each month. I have the co-ops guide to fair trade listed on the left of the website. Its always a good place to start shopping.

My coffee comes from Vashon Island Coffee Roasterie , located in Washington state. They believe that the small act of buying coffee beans can be part of the giant act of positive change in the world. They tell you exactly where your beans came from. I get monthly deliveries and I have received OUTSTANDING service from them, including free pounds of coffee! And personal notes saying 'thinking of you we just roasted your favorite blend'. The coffee is the best and freshest you can buy. And its FAIR TRADE.

No comments: