Monday, March 17, 2008

End Breast Cancer


A few days ago I sponsored a friend who is walking in the Weekend to end breast cancer.

In her words..

The Weekend to End Breast Cancer is a two-day, 60-kilometre walk through the neighbourhoods of Montreal.
We have all unfortunately been or will be touched in one way or another by cancer.
No one is immune...yet.
Prevention is one way to help reduce risks of developing any illness, but it is not a guaranteed way of avoiding it either.
All we can do is our best within each of our own personal limitations.
This event is my own personal way to challenge myself, to be an example of strength and hope for my beloved children, to heal my own "scars" while reducing my own risks of illness, to contribute toward reducing the risks of illness for others, to provide assistance toward the quest to fight cancer and of course in memory of my relatives and friends who have been victims of cancer.
I thank you all deeply from within my heart for all your support and encouragement.
May God continue to Bless us all.
N.B.
Proceeds benefit the Jewish General Hospital, funding important breast cancer research, education, services and care. Charitable income tax receipts will be provided.

My Children are my Inspiration for the Future

No comments: