Sunday, March 30, 2008

Obama and Kiva

Yesterday I went to a weekly Obama meeting. I set them up a few weeks ago at a local cafe because I was getting lots of new people contacting me and asking how they can help. I also set up weekly Thursday evening meetings and we had a great turn out at our first one this week. Its incredible to see people still wanting to get involved, months after our primary. We need to keep organizing, not just to win the general election but also to help run the country. Obama told us this over a year ago, and we rose to the challenge.

When I first got involved in the campaign I had no idea how much effort it would take. I have been meeting at least weekly since he announced in February 2007. I've also been doing a lot of work from home, processing volunteers (helped with CA, TX, and now PA), making phone calls, blogging, and more. I am looking forward to the election being over and getting more of my life back. Because it seems, politics takes all the time you have. And there is an urgent need to do everything ASAP.

I made a KIVA loan to Kenya today, the country of Obama's father. The loan is to Dr. Andrew Otieno for drugs for his clinic. He has had a few other KIVA loans before.

No comments: