Thursday, January 08, 2009

Helping a school girl.

I sponsored Dania Rauf in Chakwal, Pakistan today. I contributed $20 towards her $80 school fees. I love the way Education Generation works, I contribute an amount that I can afford, and, with help from other contributing, she gets to go to school. Her education will have a big effect in the community, not just for her, but for her family, the village, and ultimately, the country.

Dania Rauf wants to be a teacher. She knows Pakistan’s literacy rate is only 37%, and by teaching she can change the lives of her villagers and bring prosperity to them. In addition to her studies she helps her father at farm. Monthly income of her father is very low and he cannot bear her school expenses.

Note: This scholarship helps Dania ensure she can remain in school for the remainder of the school year, to August 31, 2009.

No comments: