Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Million acts of Green, Fair trade Coffee delivered, and Green America

I'm back from my short jaunt to Canada. I was quite impressed to see the wide publicity about their 'one million acts of green', Canadians are recording what they are doing to help. They have surpassed a million! The web site is worth checking out, and I hope all my Canadian friends and family are taking part.

I arrived home to my monthly delivery of fair trade coffee from Vashon Island Coffee Roasterie. It costs a bit more with shipping, but I know exactly where the beans come from and I often get personal notes and cards included, and they do remember me when I call (even though I only buy a few pounds a month!).

I also came home to a few renewal notices, including one for 'Green America' which was formely Coop America. They publish the Fair Trade Guide (on the side of this blog) as well as a great directory of green businesses. The first directory I got I thought "I don't know what to do with this", then found myself using them all the time. I do believe I found out about Vashon Island Roasterie through Green America.

No comments: