Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Citizen Co-Sponsor of the Sanders/Boxer Global Warming Bill


I just became a Citizen Co-Sponsor of the Sanders/Boxer Global Warming Bill. Senator Boxer (from my state of California) sent me email asking if I would co-sponsor the bill. She called me a senator with my last name. Spam email does work sometimes!

You don't have to be from California to co-sponsor the bill.

The Sanders-Boxer bill sets out a portfolio of emissions reduction targets, regulatory programs, and incentives for reducing U.S. GHG emissions. Under the proposal, U.S. GHG emissions would be capped at 1990 levels in 2020. This reduction target would become more stringent over time, eventually reaching an 80% reduction below 1990 levels by 2050. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would be authorized to require additional reductions if scientific review finds it necessary to prevent substantial climate change.

No comments: