Saturday, March 10, 2007


Today I renewed my membership in the Archaeological Conservancy. They are the only national non-profit organization dedicated to acquiring and preserving the best of our nation's remaining archaeological sites.

The conservancy sends out a pretty cool magazine four times a year on
archaeology in the US. Its a pretty good read, I probably read over 80% of it. The magazine has inspired me, we took a trip to Mese Verde a few years back. Now that's an interesting place.

I think the real reason I support this charity is because I really do believe there are things we need to preserve in this country. And the
Archaeological Conservancy. is one of the only places a US citizen can turn to if they need help preserving part of history. We have enough places to build condos in this country without putting them on top of sacred areas.

No comments: