Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kiva Challenge and Soda in Africa

Today I took the Kiva Challenge and started buying Kiva gift certificates and sending them to friends to tell friends and so on. The challenge is to raise $1 billion for microfinancing by the end of 2008.

If we can spend billions on bombs and other things I don't understand, surely we can commit a billion to helping people help themselves out of poverty. It just makes sense. So I told 2 friends.

I loaned today to Elizabeth Igbinowegie, Benin City, Nigeria. She wants $800 to buy more provisions and drinks for sale. I choose her loan because it was the oldest. I'm not sure why, usually African women get funded quicker. Perhaps because it was a large amount and soda is unhealthy.

I also had some input on Kiva Friend's new discussion board. We're changing the world over there too.

No comments: